This is pretty much a photo spam post since I’m catching up on all the Instagram photos that I haven’t had a roundup for in ages. Fortunately for all of us, I don’t post a huge amount to Instagram.
I can’t quite believe that it’s 2018 already. Last year went so fast, a lot of things happened, and now it’s suddenly a new year. With even bigger changes happening.
Christmas was spent here in the UK this year. The boyfriend and I have an agreement that we spend every other year here and every other year in Sweden with my family. It was quiet, but nice. On Christmas Eve we visited the boyfriend’s grandmother with a lot of the extended family, then had a nice Swedish-inspired Christmas dinner at home. On Christmas Day we went over to his parents’ house where we spent the day with them, his sister and her husband.
New Year’s I was working, so not much happening there.
I got some lovely Christmas gifts, which I just simply have to show off. I got other nice things as well, but I don’t want to photo spam you too much.
1. Real or fake tree? My preference is always for a real tree, but since moving to the UK, I’ve had to make do with a fake one. I’m hoping to go back to a real tree in the future when we’ve gotten rid of our carpets and have wooden or plastic flooring.
2. Favourite Christmas cookie? Gingerbread cookies!
3. Home on Christmas morning or travel? We celebrate in Sweden every other year, and in the UK every other year, so it varies. But we generally don’t travel on Christmas when we go to Sweden but arrive a day or two before.
4. Clear or Coloured lights? I’m a traditionalist, I have clear lights on everything indoors at least. And a warm light, I can’t stand the icy, cold ones!
5. Send Christmas cards? Sometimes. I try to always send one to my grandma, but as for everyone else it varies from year to year.
6. Favourite Christmas present received? I’ve had so many wonderful gifts throughout the years, that I honestly don’t think I could pick a specific one.
7. Favourite Christmas present given? I love trying to find special gifts, I can’t show any of this year’s gifts yet – so here are a few from a couple of years ago link.
8. Stockings or No stockings? In Sweden stockings isn’t really part of the tradition, but since moving to the UK I’ve started with stockings. This year we have four hanging in the living room, one for me, one for my partner and then one each for the dog and cat!
9. Christmas PJs? No, I wear my normal ones. I did however buy a knitted dress this year that looks like a Christmas pudding. Because I look like a pudding this year, get it?
10. Favourite Christmas carol? I don’t listen much to carols, probably prefer just regular Christmas songs.
11. Favourite holiday tradition? Going home to Sweden for Christmas and celebrating with my family!
12. Early shopper or last minute? Definitely not early. I finished my shopping a few days before Christmas, does that mean last minute or somewhere in between?
13. Favourite Christmas movie or show? I love Christmas movies! Elf, Bad Santa and Die Hard (it is a Christmas movie, I’ll fight you over it!).
14. Favourite holiday beverage? This Swedish drink called must. It’s somewhere between root beer and coke. It’s impossible to explain.
15. Cookies and milk for Santa? I’ve never done this. In Sweden the tradition is to put out some porridge for Santa, but I’m not sure I ever did that either. Sorry Santa!